Sunday 8 July 2012

serendipity






Just a very quick post today, I managed to finish of the little canvas I started on Monday whilst having a crafty day with Neil Walker. It was great to catch up with a fellow crafter and just mess about with inky things and talk arty techniques. I did not manage to get this finished and was almost tearing my hair out as it was not going the way I had hoped, I started well with the stamped images working but the middle just fell apart. so I white washed it and went home. Thought about it a while and then attacked again using a mask and some red distress ink. The serendipity stamp seemed appropriate as the canvas was one big happy mistake.  The embellishment is a glass necklace square from the bead shop in Brighton, as was the metal heart.All in all I quite like the end result and managed to repay the favour of Neil gifting his canvas to me by gifting mine in return.

Here is the Canvas Neil did. love the quote on there. Thanks again Neil for the day.









10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you both had a great day, happy accidents are great, unplanned, but great reasons to experiment.

    Kyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great pieces, looks like you both had a fab time!!! How great to craft and share!! Your work is as always amazing!! Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...loVe the images, both haunting & moody, the deep crackle adds to this...super finds down in Brighton, loVe the heart it looks like a series of rope like coils, very pretty & as for serendipity, well it probably happens more often than not as we strive to get from our minds into reality what we want to create...Neil will loVe what you have made for him and it's cool your not to far from each other...a cool looking on the edge canvas Mark...loVing your work...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's totally great Mark, I like it very much.
    Esp. the guy on the right - could you tell me please what stamp it is? He's kind of spooky and would sure make a nice vampire or some other sinister figure ...
    And it's so exciting when a piece you already wanted to dump turns out (sometimes completely) different in the end. I love this process, all the more when the result is something so cool :-) That's what challenges us sometimes.
    best
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought it looked fine when you last showed it but it is transformed now, I really love the way the red radiates out from the middle and the jewellery piece is fabulous. The word serendipity is so appropriate too. All in all, a great swop. Anne :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually saw this in the flesh, as Neil showed me yesterday. Looks fab. love Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you persevered with this Mark. It has turned into a stunning piece. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are growing with our mistakes (:o)The man in the shadow....cool and artsy canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow... another piece with such great colours, and it has real atmosphere too - very cool. Can't get my head around using bright colours myself as yet, but your last two posts are really inspiring me to give it a try. Thanks for your lovely comment over at Words and Pictures too.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic Mark and such great atmosphere, stamps and backgrounds, love the heart too. Looks like you've been having fun! x

    ReplyDelete