Friday 6 July 2012

from a tag to a journal page

Hi this week over at Simon Says Stamp And Show their challeng is 'Spritz, spray or stencil'.After a few days thought I decided I would do a tag, something with the cosmic shimmer vintage sprays and the Fleur de lys die that I have, First I cut out my Fleur de lys and used the outer as a stencil to colour the image with some of the red distress ink pads, I then used the cut out image as a mask and inked the background with the paper and pumice stone inks.I stamped over the whole image with a cover the card fleur de lys stamp in sepia archival ink, this was ran through a text embossing folder to give me a negative embossed image. I then went over the whole tag lightly with some vintage photo and walnut stain inks, going heavier around the edges, finally I put the stencil down again and went over the fleur de lys again with a bright red ink just to make it stand out a little more. I then sprayed the cut out fleur with some normal red cosmic shimmer sprays and embossed with a floral folder, lightly stained the raised area with distress inks.This was then going to be positioned on the tag, how ever I did not like this, it was just to dark.I thought a little longer and thought I would use the elements in a journal page. I sprayed the page with a mix of dyes, the turquoise dylusion and more of the vintage cosmic shimmers.I stamped areas with the cover a card stamp again and a mesh stamp for some texture, the spots were added with white acrylic paint sponged through a stencil and the ribbon was added for some stark contrast. I tore the tag up and used a paper clip to attach it to the page.The die cut fleur was inverted and stuck down. Now the hard part,  writing or thoughts,  not my strong point.  fleur de lys always remind me of regality so I came up with the quote 'in our hearts  we are all kings' these were cut using one of Tims text dies and they were sprayed with the same bright red cosmic shimmer.Finally I added the crown embellishment from Tim, this was coloured with gold alcohol ink and then aged with a couple of other colours to muddy it up a little.

I will also be entering this into the Frilly And Funkie challenge, their challenge is 'show some texture'

Sorry if this is to much typing and waffle. let me know.
thanks for stopping by, mark.

17 comments:

  1. Mark, thanks for visiting my blog.I'll be back to have a closer look at your blog. Thanks for the flower tip, can you direct me to a link? I adore making flowers!!I'm doing a swap with another WOYWW'er, and think there might be more coming up!!
    I'm a new follower. I'll be back later!!- soon.
    Judy #9

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...so much detail Mark, a riot of colours & texture & the Fleur de Lys is just yummy, what a great stamp to have in your collection...gorgeous as always...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, tour journal page is fantastic!!! Love all the details and colours....let you into a spooky secret..I have put a tag on my entry..yet to be blogged and it is a journal page..!!!! How weird! Cannot wait to see some ore fab pages! Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the typing..your fab journal page...and more fab pages this predictive typing is driving me mad!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice page, bright and colourful on a very wet, drab day! As for the detail, I like it as people can understand. how you have constructed a page.
    Kyla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your kind words Mark. Loving this page - the colours work so well together and you have really made the whole thing work with the repeated Fleur de Lis and lots of texture. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page! Love the bright colors you've used. It really pops. The background looks amazing by all the spritzing, stencilling and stamping you did. And what a great idea to make it into a page instead and use those elements as decoration. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not too many words for me, I love to hear how you construct your projects. This one is just a riot of colour and it works so well as a journal page, love the Fleur de Lis and your quote is perfect with the little crown. Beautiful job Mark. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Journal page looks great, do love the vibrancy. I must amit I'm not one to write alot, but nice to know your techniques. XXX Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those Cosmic Shimmer Vintwge sprays look gorgeous. Love your stencilled images and fabulous rich colours. Wonderful journal page and inky background. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stwmp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it, love it, love it! .... gorgeous piece.
    Have a great weekend
    Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous journal page Mark ! Love the story of how it was nearly tag. Great colours and textures. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mark, I love your journal page! It's bright, got lots of amazing blended effects and I love your random stamping of the grids, fleurs and dots. Those cosmic shimmers are beautiful colors! I also love that embossed metal strip running down the page. Looks a bit "Andy Skinner-ish" to me! :) Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great mix of everything. Love the bright colours and i agree....writing of thoughts...not that easy
    Have a nice weekend (:o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all the layering in the background - it works beautifully. Great colours.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous colours, and I love all the fleur de lys variations on a theme. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful colours - I love the contrasts you use, that bluey green with th red. Just lovely.

    Nope not to much chat for me. ;) Love reading how people do stuff, helps you pick up a few tips and tricks along the way :)

    ReplyDelete