Friday 13 September 2013

The Octopode Factory - Pink And Green

  I hope you are all geared up for a good weekend? As always a great big thanks for stopping by.
 Today we are back over at The Octopode Factory and starting our new challenge, the theme this fortnight is Pink And Green.
We want to see any type of craft project as long as it is based around our theme.
 You do not need to use an Octopode Factory image but if you do your name will go into the prize draw twice, and of course you can enter more than once x

For my project I made another page for my Dyan Reaveley Journal.
The image I have used is the Zombie Doll and she has been printed out on to 300gsm card and coloured with Copic's and clear embossed.
 The background has been created with Decoart Products. I base coated the page with some green acrylic paint and used different colour acrylic paint for some stamping, I used one of Neil Walkers back ground stamps available at The Artistic Stamper as well as a couple of Tim Holtz  stamps just to add some texture and interest.
 I used one of Andy Skinners  masks and applied acrylic paint through it and then grabbed my new favourite stencil which was kindly given to me as a b'day present this week by Suzanne .
I traced the outline and then used Decoart's Paper effects Pink Pearl This is kind of like a 3d paint pen, only it comes in a bottle and you get two nozzles to use, a thick and a thin, which is very thin. Something that if you had good handwriting would be pretty cool, sadly my handwriting sucks ;)
The wing design was filled in with the Paper Effects and left to dry.The Zombie Doll image was added and the Fly stamp was stamped randomly with black archival ink. I finished off by using the paper effects to randomly scribble across the page, more of the pink and a little of the peacock gold. you can see how thin the fine nozzle is in the smaller pictures.


Thank you so much for stopping by, We would love to see you over at The Octopode Factory this fortnight.
xxx

7 comments:

  1. What a colourful page, I do love the pink wings, and the button eyes do make her very scarey. Love Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Awesome textures and shine!! Fabulous as usual, Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours, love the energy and love the eyes! My daughter had a book when she was small and one of the characters had buttons for eyes - thanks for bringing back a nice memory!
    Hope you're ok? Busy? Ally Pally? In other words - haven't caught up with you for a while!!
    Have a good weekend.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally cool... awesome colouring on the image and I so love all the texture you got with the different mediums for that background. Stunning Mark :-D

    IKE xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mark. I love your journal page, the image and colours are fabulous [my favourite colour combo].
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, trust you to use the stencil in a way I wouldn't have thought of - it turned out absolutely gorgeous! The page is a stunner, you make me like even pink (in exceptional cases) ;-) I love this page and I love especially the background with those scribbles, have to remember that. I'm convinced Ally Pally was and is a success for you. Have a great Sunday. Hugs, Suzanne xx

    ReplyDelete