Sunday 22 September 2013

Sunday Post Card Art - Guest Designer - Transport.

 
Well it's still Sunday, Just ;)
I was asked a little while ago by the very talented Mandy of Mandys Magical World Of Art if I would like to host over at Sunday Postcard Art the theme being Transport. Of course I said yes and new exactly what I wanted to do straight off the bat.
I knew I had to use the truck image from Paper Artsy, I am a big fan of the old American pick ups and have not used this for a while.
To enter you can can use what ever style of crafting you like, it just needs to be post card sized, 4''x6''
I cut some 300gsn card to size and mounted it to some chip board to give it some sturdiness.
the truck was stamped first and colour added using the distress pens, I then cut a mask and stamped the Tim Holtz location stamp over the top in blue archival ink.
I added the fireman from De StempelWinkel  and again masked him so I could add the speedo from the Paper Artsy set, I also added the spark plugs also from the same set.
a couple more Tim Holtz stamps and some distress inks for the background and then it was ready for a couple of coats of Embossing Powder.
To join in the fun head on over to Sunday Postcard Art  and just enter a link to your postcard in the comments section.
Thanks for stopping by as always, your comments really mean a lot x

13 comments:

  1. wow you are totally awesome! Just adore what you have done and the vintage feel of this. Looks so amazing... I'm in awe.

    I'm going to have to check out this postcard blog! Didn't know about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark, you have created the most amazing background, love the colours and that pick up looks fabulous in red. Love the fireman and other elements too - a great way to kick off the challenge. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally had a chance to pop back in! Your postcard is wonderful! Love all of the vintage images!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card Mark. Love the vintage american style of it. The colours work terrifically together. I can see this working really well in a vintage frame and hung on a wall. Px

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic sample, Mark - and a great theme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome postcard, Mark! You have some amazing mixed media art on your blog,too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really nice card. Thanks for the great theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the rich colours of this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this one is great, but all the other post too !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic grungy look to this... brilliant stamping, and I love the colours. Oh boy, I've got some catching up to do in Craftyblogland... will be back tomorrow for some more!!
    Hope the demo-ing went brilliantly at Ally-Pally!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hang on... I swear I left a comment here yesterday - saying I'd be back today to catch up with some more. I have a feeling your posts haven't been showing up in my dashboard - which is partly how I've got behind (though moving house also has a part to play in that...). It's happened with another blog too... personally I think Blogger is about to have a major meltdown!

    In any case what I said, I think, was - how much I loved the colours on this, the fab urban grungy look, and great layered stamping with that amazing truck. Hope this one makes it through...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete