Monday 30 September 2013

Octopode Factory - Wings

Evening all, or should I say morning, a late night here and I'm sharing a post that should have gone up yesterday but I just have not been near my laptop for a couple of days.
 It's time again to start a new challenge over at The Octopode Factory and the theme this fortnight is 'Wings'. Simple huh?  basically we want to see any style of craft project but you must include wings somewhere on your piece.
 I have used Lily's Tell Tale Heart image from her Edgar Allan Poe set and this was my starting point for the tag. The heart was coloured with Copic's and clear embossed.The wings were also coloured with Copic's and were cut with one of the Tim Holtz dies.Heart with wings I think.
The tag was painted with Decoart acrylic paints, and the circles were stamped, also with paint. The initial colour was too light so I gave the whole thing a wash of Decoarts Traditions Phthalo Blue this is a translucent blue and added depth and a richness that helped match the heart.
I also stamped a script stamp from The Artistic Stamper with black archival ink. The 'Fly' was stamped with versamark ink and embossed with some Frantage powder, I also went round the edge of the tag. I finished the tag off by giving it a couple of coats of embossing powder.
As always we would love to see you join in the fun over at The Octopode Factory. And remember you do not have to use an Octopode Image, Of course we love it when you do and if you do your name will go into the prize pool twice. x
Thanks for stopping by xx

8 comments:

  1. This is awesome Mark, I love the bright colors!! Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, love the bold, rich, saturated colours - inspired by Red Bull or just a coincidence (gives you wings?) Px

    ReplyDelete
  3. A brilliant tag - great colours.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag ! Love the blue and red together !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. FAbulous Mark! the depth of color here is truly amazing! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very cleverly drawn heart and I love how you have given it such a 3D look with your brilliant colouring. Anne x

    ReplyDelete