Monday 31 December 2012

Monster journal page

 Hello again and welcome back or welcome for the first time, thanks for stopping by. Last day of 2012 here and I have to say I am glad the whole Xmas thing is over for another year, It was great but it does go on maybe a little to long, Sep-Dec is a tad silly.
 Xmas was great here, loads of new crafting goodies to learn how to use and I can not wait to have a good ol play with the new toys.
 Today I have another little journal page from my mole skin journal. Over Xmas I have been playing around with my copics, I have used them before but not felt very confident with them and the use of digi images so I thought it was the perfect time to sit and have a go,to see if I could get to a point where I was happy, it was also a great thing to do with the better half whilst watching the TV. We both coloured up some back grounds a little while back and printed some Octopode Factory images out ready if, you follow the link you can check out some awesome images, I have found them to be brilliant for my journal pages as they can be fussy cut quite easily.This image is called 'Frankie Boy'
The back ground was sprayed with dylusion sprays and then stamped with 3 different Tim Holtz stamps, the big text stamp from the Papillion set, the cob web from one of his Halloween sets and the frame boarder is from one of the new classic sets. I used archival inks, Light blue for the text, dark blue for the web and black for the frame. The Monster letters are from the Salvage stickers. Frankie was finished off by clear embossing, I find it really brings the colours out and helps to protect the main image from getting dirty in the journal..
 As always a great big thank you, I have now been blogging for 8 months and its the first end of year for me in blog land, It has been great fun but its the comments and visits from you guys that really makes it. So thank you very much and I hope to see you all next year for more crafty madness.

I would like to enter this into a few challenges.

Over at the Octopode Factory they are having an Anything Goes challenge.

Forever Night Creepy Challenges are also having an anything goes challenge.

I would also like to enter this into the challenge over at Simon Says Stamp And Show, they are having an Anything Goes challenge.


Crafting With Creative M are having an anything goes challenge.


27 comments:

  1. totally cool! Love the colors and the background too...fantastic. I love the "skin" tones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab background colors! Frankie is soo cool, absolutely love him! Here's to creativity and inspiration in the new year! Have a happy Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this very cool and great background. I should really try starting some journal art. Since my sketch book from my college days. Still has some blank speaces and are screaming for attendtion from me, lol. Have a great New Years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. Great colours on the background and love the layered stamping too. Looking forward to sharing more of your creative journey in 2013. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool journal page Mark, love the white hair on Frankie boy, really gives the character an edge :) Looks like it was great fun to create, with all those techniques you've incorporated. I've enjoyed reading your blog from the moment I came upon it. I'm looking forward to seeing what you produce in 2013. Happy New Year. Px

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been great reading your blog this year, and I love your Octopode journal page. The clear embossing does make images 'pop'.

    Happy NYE
    Kyla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like I said Mark. I am in LOVE...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mark, I have enjoyed following you since you started and watching you improve and grow. This piece is amazing, Frankie is so beautifully coloured and your background is wonderful. Wishing you and yours all the very best for 2013, look forward to seeing what you create. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, really like your page. And your post. And what you've done with your copics. Haven't used digi images before, but maybe I should give them a try?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, man, this guy is awesome! Love your background, too. Fantastic. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great page, looks really fabulous.
    Wishing you a Wonderful and Happy Year 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hallo Mark,
    deine Karte ist absolut klasse. Du hast eine richtig schöne Coloration gemacht.
    Liebe Grüße, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how the white in the design just pops out on your monster.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mark, your monster journal page is amazing! Your use of Tim's stamps on the background is awesome! I love your monster. He's colorized so perfectly! Fantastic job on this, Mark! Thanks for sharing it with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  15. How creepy - in a fabulous kind of way... The coloring you did is amazing. Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges this week. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your pages!! I'm just as in love with the Octopode Factory images as you are!!! Super awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this!
    Thanks for joining us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges!
    <3 Pam, PDE DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely rich colors to make your monster really pop and wow! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love these images and and the colours you've used are just gorgeous! Sorry to be missing so long but had a break from blogland while Christmas was on and still not back in the swing to be honest! Happy New Year to you both!
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Brilliant background and fab coloring. You sure do Octopode justice, sir. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loud cheers for your latest award at SSS! SO deserved. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on your win at SSS! love Dylusions ... so much fun, and you rocked them!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on winning at SSS!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Funky Frankie Boy! Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yay!! Huge congrats on the SSSaS win... and I don't think I even saw this at the time - it's very cool!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations on your mad hatter tea party win at Simo Says!

    ReplyDelete