Tuesday 4 December 2012

Fun With ATC's Embossing

Well its that time again over at Fun With ATC's The new challenge for the next two weeks is 'Embossing' You can use any type of embossing that gets you going, heat embossing with the wide range of powders and enamels out their or by using embossing folders. Or any other ways you can come up with ;)
 We had a great turn out for our Faces challenge and hopefully we will get even more of you along to play this fortnight.
The Dt have come up with some awesome ATC's for some great ideas and inspiration, follow the link and stop by.

For my ATC I used both heat embossing and a folder.I started as always by cutting my ATC from some mount board and colouring the bg with Distress inks, orange and yellow, I then stamped over the whole ATC with a Cover the Card stamp in orange archival ink.The main image is from Lynne Perrella's range from Paper Artsy, I have been looking at this range for ages needing an excuse to get a set, Very hard to choose as they are all brilliant. She was stamped in black archival. I then went round the edges with black Distress ink to give a boarder and to even out the amount of black ink. The whole ATC was then covered in UTEE  I love doing this as it really brings the colours and details out. the cover a card stamp is now much more visable because of the UTEE, she now looks like she is wearing Adam Ant make up ;)
I die cut a fleur de lis and used distress inks to colour it blue, it was ran through an embossing folder and then gone over with darker blues and then a tiny amount of black distress ink to finish it off, you can also just make out some vintage script in there as well, this was stamped with blue archival ink.The fleur was cut to fit and glued down with some silicon based glue. finally I added the dream token and the Tim Holtz crown to tie in with te Fleur de lis.

Thank you for stopping by as always.Hopefully I will see you over at Fun With ATC's

I would like to enter this into a couple of challenges.

Artistic Inspirations are having an Anything Goes challenge.

The Crazy Challenge are having an Autumn Colour challenge. reds and oranges always remind me of the leaves, and the blue is for the nice crisp sky's you get on cold days.

Totally Stampalicious are having an Anything But A Card challenge.

Over at Try It On Tuesday they are having an Anything Goes/Let's Get Inky challege

The Octopode Factory are having a Words challenge, I have used the word Dream for my ATC

Atc's With Attitude are having an Anything Goes challenge.

25 comments:

  1. Brilliant ATC Mark, I love the striking colours, blue & orange really pow together. Great idea to incorporate both types of embossing into your design and the crown is a perfect little touch. Px

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic colour contrast, really makes this ATC zing! I love the LP image - they are incredible stamps... and I love the Adam Ant look, and the UTEE gloss which makes the whole thing so vivid. Love it!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoWza - this is amazing. Gorgeous stamp and I love the vivid colours. You are obviously a master at ATCs too :-)
    Ike xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ATC and I too, love the colour choice, Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous ATC, mark!

    As I find Lynne Perella stamps quite tricky to use in projects, I really like how you staged them! So cleverly done and the textures and embellishments work out perfectly!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me again. This time "officially" ;)
    (Still think your ATC is awesome btw *lol)
    Thank you very much for joining us at TioT this fortnight!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. great colour combo, made atc for last time and missed deadline,,hope to play this time!!!trace x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Trace, that's terrible,what a shame, hope we still get to see the ATC? hope you make it in time this fortnight ;)

      Delete
  8. Your ATC is brilliant Mark, gorgeous colours and love that LP stamp and she looks great even in her Adam Ant make-up. Great idea to use different embossing mediums too. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL Alison thank you so much, that's it! I thought and pondered of whom that reminds me ...that's hilarious.

    Mark this ATC is absolutely gorgeous! Love, love the color combo and the way you did that embossed piece. The orange and blue are stunning together. From what I see there are very few people who can create wonderful things with those LP stamps, you're definitely one of them. I don't dare trying it :-D
    Suzanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow awesome! thank you for joining us at TIOT.EE

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great take on the challenge. Thanks for playing with us at TIOT.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your ATCs always look like little pieces of art! When I do them they look like I spent five minutes throwing them together even when it took me ages.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mark, love the embossed ATC, great way to give something little a lot of wow factor! Thank you for playing along in our Let's get Inky challenge over at TIOT! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW Mark! Amazing amount of technique in this tiny masterpiece and it shows! See why I don't trade? How disappointing to get one of mine instead of one of yours! Brilliant! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous ATC there Mark. Wonderful embossing and such a lot on a small piece! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all the texture you've created with all the embossing! The tipping crown is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  17. the ccolours are fabulous, so vibrant and wonderful embossing

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great ATC Mark. Love those stamps too - sadly I only have one set! Great colours and like the toppled crown.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Mark... thanks for the Stampotique heads-up. Sadly I don't have a single Stampotique stamp to my name yet. In the early days, they used to really freak me out... these days they're some of my favourite images when I'm blog-visiting - so I'd love to start my collection, but would feel a bit of a fraud GDing!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  20. ...hi Mark, how stunning is this little beauty, super textures and love the vivid colours, the image is fabulous too, superb work from you as always...Melxx :)
    Thank you for your kind words on my blog...xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely fabulous work! Thanks for sharing with us at The Crazy Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous ATC Mark, love the colours.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome! I am so glad you posted that project to Frilly and Funkie so I could find my way to your blog. Off to become your newest follower...

    ReplyDelete