Thursday 20 December 2012

Alice journal page

Hello again, Hope all is well where you are. It's definitely winter time as I have managed to make 3 posts this week, sorry about that, there may even be one more by the end of the weekend.
A little while back my gf bought me a Moleskin book after I saw the one Lindsay Mason had been working on, the paper is just lovely to work with.
 I coloured up a couple of pages a couple of months ago and left it there as I had no real idea where to go with it, I found myself looking through it last week and decided to do a little bit more blending of the colours, the initial colours are from the Dylusion sprays, last week I went over with some of the Distress inks, mustard and Persimmon just to soften the colour changes.The boarder was doodled on and that's when the ideas started to come, the blue/green felt like the perfect porthole for the Stampotique stamp and the Dylusion doodle stamps added to the boarder, I coloured a couple of the squiggles in as the page needed to be toned down.I also used the Tim hexagon stamp with some red archival ink to give more texture to the bg. For me this was having quite a trippy fantastical feel to it so I paid a visit to the Octopode Factory to grab a few of the Alice In Wonderland images, You can not fail to find something there that will float your boat, they do

rubber stamps as well as Digital images.
These are digi images, I printed them out and coloured them in with copic's and then clear embossed over the top just to make the colours pop and to keep them clean. The sentiment Is from Dyan Reaveley and reads 'the world of reality has it's limits but the world of imagination is boundless' I thought it fit quite well. Finally I added a few clock charms just to keep the Alice In Wonderland theme going.





I would like to enter this into a couple of challenges,

The Octopode Factory are having a Triangles challenge, basically use at least one triange somewhere on your piece.

Over at the Altered Alice they are having a share your Alice projects type thing this month.

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you are all keeping well and all set for the xmas Holls. Your comments are very much apreciated and loved. Thank you. x






10 comments:

  1. fabulous journal page. I have this octopode stamp and love it.
    kyla

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely vibrate colours, great stuff. Love francesca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - amazing journal pages! Brilliant combining of colours, images and shapes - love'em!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your use of vibrant colour Mark and the Octopode digi stamps are great too. Hope you keep the journal up now that you have made a start. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing journal pages Mark - fabulous colours.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab colours and awesome journal spread!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the colors and the digital stamps you used. Enjoy rest of your week and enjoy the weekend.

    Justie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh Moleskin books, love 'em - as you say, the pages are soooo smooth. Great journal spread too. Very bright & colourful and a beautifully balanced composition. Pxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully bright and sunny on this horrible grey day! Love the colours Mark and your 'Alice' type image is gorgeous!
    If I don't catch you before, have a wonderful Christmas and I'll see you on the 6th, ready for the AS club!!
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Fab journal pages! Alice is quite striking and the colors you've used ... Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete