Sunday 16 December 2012

Anything But A Card seasonal challenge.

Hello and welcome, Today I have my DT piece for Anything But A Card, We are celebrating the Light or  Seasonal Holidays, there is still one week left and I am sure many of you have a seasonal project that can be entered, I would love to see you over there, whilst your there you can see the amazing work the other members of the DT have created.

Now as some of you know, Xmas is not really my thing, I love it when it comes round but the build up is way to long and I really can't do xmas carols, so I found this a real challenge, It took me ages to think of something I could make and then I thought of my favourite Xmas film Rare Exports, A Christmas Tale
Ok, now this might not be every body's cuppa but if you have a dark twisted sense of humour and like a weird kind of horror then this is for you.

I decided to make another distressed picture frame. The image is the logo from Rare Exports and was found on the internet, It was printed onto craft card and then given a faux enamel look, this technique can be found in Tim Holtz's Compendium vol 1.
the frame has been given a chipped tin effect, I learnt this on the on line work shop Time Worn by Andy Skinner.
The letters are from Tando Creative and have been painted yellow and then swiped over with some walnut stain.

Thank you all for stopping by, I know time is at a premium this time of the year, but hopefully I will see you over at Anything But A Card. Happy crafting.

I would like to enter this into the challenge over at Poisoned Peas Please they are having a twisted holidays theme.



15 comments:

  1. So neat! I love the image you used and of course the frame really sets it off! Fantastic project, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant!!! Your framed Santa is perfect. Love the striking colours. I'm intrigued to see the video - have saved i to watch later. I'm no great fan of Christmas either nor the long build up. I won't rant here or you won't shut me up lol. Maybe I'll start feeling more festive nearer the day. Px

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am a bit bah humbug too as I don't enjoy the run up to - crowded shops, what do I buy for whom and all that but I do love the day and the family get togethers. The Santa image is certainly different but I do love the way you have distressed the frame, it is brilliant! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant, its on my love film list!
    Kyla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely different, but pretty cool. I love the build up to Christmas and the day but I do think this is fun and I know a couple of my friends would agree with the sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have to say I'm right with you on the hideously long build-up. We're very strict round here - tree up on the 23rd, and down on the 6th - the official 12 days of Christmas only!! And I do love Christmas carols - but not when you hear them looped from November onwards...
    Anyhow - fabulous alternative take on the festive theme - and the chipped tin is insanely cool!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't seen the film....do love the sentiment. And the chipped tin is fab. Got'ta learn that one too. Someday hope to take the inline class.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever , made me chuckle. Love Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol, mark! love that logo and you framed it absolutely perfectly! Looks fab!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really neat and fun and creative way then the normal christmas cheers. I love the way you did the farms it really cool. I enjoy christmas but not the shopping part hate that. But I always seems to buy a little something for everyone every year. They seem to like what I pick out for them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant idea! I appreciate the humor and I must say it's a unique christmas decoration eh. Here's my sincerest merry christmas wishes from me to you, hoping that you enjoy this festive season of Christmas! Happy Crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to miss things Mark but I'm still trying to get rid of my bugs and haven't felt like doing much at all until yesterday and today - two weeks feeling grim is a bit much if you ask me!
    Love your chipped tin frame, it's a great technique isn't it? I don't know the film you're using for inspiration because I'm a scaredy cat and don't watch horror but I like the image in the frame! I love all things christmas but only for a few days and then it has to stop. I'm sick and tired of christmas songs!
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun and beautiful creation.
    Thanks for joining us at Poisoned Peas Please.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way cool looking! You do great distress work!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete