Monday 25 June 2018



Morning all, and as always a big thanks for stopping by. Today Neil Walker  is sharing a colorful apron he has made using my Sailor Jim stamp, available from my shop at the top of the page or through Chocolate Baroque Here.

Good morning friends.
My turn on the Mark Gould DT this week sees me heading sea side.....
I decided to add some interest to a plain white craft apron that I have had knocking about for a while now, just waiting for inspiration. Which arrived in the form of Mark's Sailor Jim

This was a fun project to do and I took things very casually.
To start I used Infusions to add some colours blends and dried it off.


The focal image was stamped onto the fabric and onto white card (cut out to create a mask)



With the paper mask in place the background was filled in with a random assortment of my stamps from The Artistic Stamper..


Painting on fabric has it's own challenges so I just decided I was not going to get too hung up on staying in the lines.  I used DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics to paint with. Sailor Jim is the focal point of course so I spent  more time  painting him


Then just some simple highlighting and fun to tie the background together.

I added the sentiment using a Sharpie


I hope you like it. I had a good time making it. Sailor Jim is available HERE


Thank you for stopping by, Head back next Monday to see a new creation from the Speshink DT. xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment