Tuesday 3 July 2018

Speshink DT - Jane - Gypsy Rose


Evening all, and apologies for the delay. Life happens ;)
this evening Jane is here sharing a beautiful card topper using my Gypsy Rose stamp. Available from my Shop at the top of the page.

Products used -

Speshink/Mark Gould Stamp - Mark Gould - Gypsy Rose
Doo Lally Pip Stamps - Lindsay Mason - I’ve had enough
Copics -
R000, 00, 01, E41, 44, 47, 49, YG03, 05, 06, R22, 24, 27, 29, C3, 4, 5, Y19
Memento Ink - Black 
White Mulberry Paper
Coloured Cardstock
Hessian
Gems
Glitter

Hi everyone, it’s my turn here again on Speshink blog.  And it is totally my fault why you have been kept waiting, I’m so sorry.  Let’s hope the wait is worth it!

This time I’ve stamped the lovely Gypsy Rose onto white mulberry paper.
Because I’m going to use Copics, I’ve used Memento Ink but be prepared for it not to be a crisp image, it will bleed slightly.  But that’s ok, I wanted it to do that!



Leave the ink to dry for a little while, it wasn’t a problem here as it is so hot, 5 minutes and you’re ready to go.

Choose your pens and start to colour, you’ll not be able to blend on mulberry paper as you normally would.  The ink will soak through easily, so make sure you have plenty of scrap paper under your image and keep moving it, you don’t want the darker Inks to come back up through the lighter colours.  Have a blender pen  handy for pushing colours that bleed back into where they should be!  I liked the bleeding around the outside edges but not too much within the image.


When you are happy with your colouring, take a wet paintbrush and water and dampen the mulberry paper where you want to tease around your image.  This gives a lovely wispy edge.


When it’s dry, I used a decoupage glue to stick it on to a piece of hessian.  I like how you can see the texture of the hessian through your coloured image.



Then layer two pieces of card together, I used a scuffer on the edge of the larger red piece.  Add to your base card and then stick on your hessian and image.



Stamp your wording and use the chisel end of your pens to give a small border.
Add a few gems, again coloured with your Copics and finish off with......glitter.  Mark’s favourite ha ha !



Hope you like it

Jane x



No comments:

Post a Comment