Friday 7 June 2013

Octopode Factory - Slugs n Snails, something for a boy. Super Hero pen pot

Happy Friday everyone, and thank god, I can not wait for the weekend.
Over at The Octopode Factory we are just starting our new challenge, something for a boy.
 I have done another pen holder, I picked up 9 of these whilst at the big craft show at Ally Pally from the MDF man, the are beautifully made pen pots and only cost £1 each, their surface is lovely and smooth.
 The images are from the Avengers set of digi images and have been coloured with Copics, I think my fave is Black Widow, I love the way she pops from the lime green. The images have been fussy cut and clear embossed twice and then glued on. When I started out I was not going to use them on the pen pot, I was going to do a journal page but could not get them to work with a layout so needed to re think, If I did it again I would print them off so they all fit like the Black Widow but the little pokey uppy bits dont look to bad and at least with the embossing they will be quite durable.
 The pen pot its self was coloured with Acrylic Inks. I did not treat the surface at all, I just dropped a few drops of ink into a dish, added a drop or two of water and applied the inks with a sponge aplicator moving quickly as the inks dry very very fast. I lined the edges with my Black Copic marker and went for a pop art style. I think this is as clean and simple as I could do ;)
 We would love to see what you can come up with for our challenge, you have two weeks from today to get something made. You do not need to use an Octopode image but it is always great if you do and your name gets entered twice for the image prize.


Here are Thor and Hawkeye.
The other two are Captain America and Black Widow.

I would like to enter this into the challenge over at Simon Says Stamp And Show their theme is the letter 'S'  my S is Super Hero.
















10 comments:

  1. Wow Mark, this is fabulous, I love the vibrant colours (I have never seen acrylic ink before...), the inks are amazing. The characters are such fun and your colouring is about as near perfect as you can get - very impressive indeed! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lovethe characters againstvthe vibrant inks! A real contrast andthey look fab!! Another great make x hugs xxtrace x ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mark thanks for comment on our new challenge at PunkyouGirl any paper crafting is welcome looks like I must have over looked that lol but no any paper crafting is more than welcome I do hope you will join us
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look amazing Mark. I so love your colour work - you've certainly cracked that technique!
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colouring skills have soared, Mark, in such a short time - amazing - these look just brilliant!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having just spent the last weekend watching Captain America and Thor DVDs, I think you can say I am a bit of a geeky fan of Marvel's heros lol. So it's no surprise that I LOVE your decorated pen box with the superbly coloured images you've used. The bright, vibrant colours are fantastic. This boy is definitely a fan :) Px

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mark....this pen pot is simply amazing! Your images are colored to perfection! The blending and choices of colors are fabulous! I applaud your skills with the Copics. Your characters are so fun...love the images. What a great pen pot to have sitting at your work space. It's not only functional but every time you look at it, you just HAVE to smile! Thanks for sharing it with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic pen pot Mark, the colouring is absolutely fabulous. I love the bright colours too, really eye catching. The images are quirky and fun. Thanks so much for,joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous coloring and the images are perfect for the challenge! I like the characters poking out of the boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Any kid would SWOON over this, Mark! (including women of a certain age. LOL) Fabulous coloring! So bright and fun. xxD

    ReplyDelete