It's time to get your freak on ;) We are starting our new challenge over at Haunted Design House today, the theme is 'Put A Hole In It' (at least one),For the next two weeks you can enter any project you like, the darker the better ;) as long as it has at least one hole.Head on over to HdH to see what the other Minions have in store for you an remember to check back next Monday to see some more inspiration for this challenge.
After a little thought about how I could add holes I came up with this and dug out my paper targets from my visit to the Las Vegas gun store a couple of summers ago, I had an absolute blast and did the Zombie Hunter pack, I got to shoot 4 guns that are in pretty much every Zombie killing computer game (yes I am a nerd)This target Is my Zombie Clown target and I used a Police Issue Shot Gun to add my 'Holes'I cut a piece of ply wood to size, About 12"x16" ish and cut my target to fit, It was glued to the wood with Decoart's decopage glue, when dry the holes were showing the wood so I painted them in with black acrylic paint.I used Decoart's modeling paste around the edges applied with a pallet knife and this picture shows how it looked before any colour was added. I started by applying different colour washes of Decoarts Traditions acrylic paint, I used Quin Gold,Quin Violet and Phthalo Blue. All three of these colors are transparent so I knew the image would be seen through the paint, When the washes were dry I used the same colours only neat and painted over the modeling paste and blended the colours into the main image to tie in with the washes and to give more depth to things.
A little bit of Dark red paint was flicked across the face to add more blood splatters. The modeling paste was high lighter with some Treasure Gold In emerald green to give some contrast to the warmer colours. Once the paint was dry I sealed the image with some matte medium and then used the Decoart one step crackle finish. With this you need to apply it really quite thick and then let it self level, I poured quite a lot of it over the main image and spread it around with a brush, pulling it in all directions and leaving it thick in places and very thin in others, some places missed completely as I wanted more of a random look to the finish, the areas with the bigger cracks are where the one step was thickest. When it was dry I rubbed some acrylic paint into the cracks and wiped away the excess with a baby wipe.
To finish off I used one of Andy Skinner's new stencils and ran some black modeling paste through it with a pallet knife. and when it was dry I used more of the Green Treasure Gold to Highlight the paste.Hope he does not cause to many nightmares ;) Thanks for stopping by it is always fun having you here. Hopefully we will see you over at Haunted Design House taking part. x
Punkyougirl are having a anything goes challenge, they are a new gothic/fantasy challenge blog just starting up with their first challenge.