Sunday 2 June 2013

Anything But A Card,- Anything Goes.

It's time for week two of the challenge over at Anything But A Card, Our theme is Anything Goes,
Sadly this is my last make for Anything But A Card, it is time for me to move on to new things and wish everyone involved with ABAC all the best and to say a great big thank you for having me as part of such a talented team.
 For my last make I am sharing a little book I made in a class held at my local craft shop, The Craft Barn. The class was held by Kathy Byrne and is part  of a monthly book making class.
 All the paper is form the 6x6 paper pad from Prima called 'Engraver' I do not use a lot of printed papers but this is a great set.It has a lovely vintage feel and is manly enough but should appeal to the ladies too.
 The book was made from chip board cut to shape and then covered with some thick black card, this was then over laid with the various papers. The pages have been created from plain envelopes, distressed round the edges and the papers were glued in place, there are a couple of pockets made from card added to the inside cover with an area left for some stamping or journalling.There is also a pocket on the back and I have added one to one of the inside pages, Perfect for adding some little tags or messages.
 I has been finished with a ribbon tie to hold the book closed.
.              

















Thank you everyone for stopping by and sharing my post for ABAC it is certainly sad to be leaving but stay tuned for what's next ;)
Remember there is still one week left to take part, we would love to see you joining us. xx

10 comments:

  1. Hi Mark, great little book, nice and easy to do. It was lovely to see you yesterday. love Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark, sad to hear that you are leaving ABAC but look forward to hearing about what you move on to. Your book is beautiful, I love these papers but hate the thought of cutting into them so this idea is an excellent one. Thanks for the inspiration! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, great minds ... got this paper on Saturday and I love it!! Will do an album workshop in about two weeks and I'm very much looking forward to it. Your album is just adorable, as are almost ;-) all your makes! Now of course I'm curious of how you will move to ... into the sky? LOL Hugs, Suzanne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is extremely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those papers are great! Love your layouts for each page and all the details. You have inspired me to try one this month and TY for sharing your wonderful book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this book - the Engraver papers are delicious. They'll miss you at ABAC, but I'm looking forward to seeing what's next on the journey!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool book indeed. Wish I lived near The Craft Barn I am so jealous. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, you are going out with a bang. The book is gorgeous and brilliant, I love the pages and all the extra pockets very kool.. I know you will be missed at the team, I'm so looking forward to see what you will make, its an exciting time, thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day..

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOhhh beautiful book Mark! Great job!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this, Mark! The DP's are to die for. Must be on the lookout. You take the best classes. xxD

    ReplyDelete