Morning all. Something a little different today. Over on the Decoart Media DT we are planning something a little special for the month of October. Starting today we are running a Halloween themed mixed media challenge.With some great prizes up for grabs at the end of the month.
Be warned, Picture heavy post ;)
I'm also working on a tutorial for how I made the Heart. (stay tuned)
Head over to the Decoart Media Blog for all the details and keep checking back as we share more makes throughout the month xx
All the paint and mediums are from the Decoart Media Line. I have used the Art Room Blank from Tando-Creative for my Sacred Heart Shrine. The Mystical Eye is from Spellbinders.
I have also used a couple of Skeletons from the Games Workshop, a wooden heart, Tim Holtz rub On's and some fuse wire.
The Box was given a coat of Decoarts Gesso and then a fairly thick but slightly unevenly applied coat of Crackle Paste was applied with a pallet knife and left over night to do it's thing.
Once dry it was painted with Carbon Black and dry brushed with Medium Grey Value 6 to bring out the details. The whole piece was then coated with Black Antiquing and wiped back when dry. This really brings out the cracks and added a nice dark shading.
The Spellbinders charm was first given a coat of Gesso and a rust treatment using Decoart Media Fluids. The inside of the charm and the Shrine were painted with Titanium Buff and then washes of Prussian Blue Hue were added to give a swirly look. Finished with a Rub on and a coat of Satin Varnish.
I have used modelling paste to develop texture on my wooden heart and then painted with Decoart Media Fluids.
Ill be sharing a more detailed step by step for the Heart later in the month.
The skeletons are from the Games workshop and after a thin base coat of gesso they were painted with a base of Titanium Buff and then given washes of Quinacridone Gold and Carbon Black, the details on the spear and shield were painted with Raw Umber and Silver.
I used some Tim Holtz Rub on's to add some extra detail, rub on's are great for working on a texured surface where stamping can be problematic.
A little stenciling was added with some Titanium Buff to add to the ancient ruins look.
The Barb wire was made using fuse wire and bent to shape.
Thanks as always for stopping by. It would be great to see you joining us over on the Decoart DT Blog for the challenge, it will be running till just before Halloween and the winner announced on the 31st.