Thursday 8 March 2018

Mothers Day Tags


With mothers day in the UK arriving this Sunday I needed to get my craft on and create something for my mum, I am also on double duty as my Sister had a little sprog just over a year ago and till said sprog is able to head to the shops and select a card i have decided to cover all the important occasions for her.
I used an MDF tag from That Craft Place and picked out a design paper for my back ground.
The Tim Holtz stamp platform really comes into its own for me with this technique, and is the reason I picked one up. I was initially skeptical on how the platform would work with a thick substrate, (the mdf is 4mm thick) and i was worried about how accurate the over stamping would be, I needn't have worried, By placing the tag towards the outside edge of the platform I had no trouble getting my image to stamp and it lined up perfectly when I cam back to over stamp.
( I will do a proper little step by step soon )
The Image was stamped using black archival ink and the image was painted using Decoart Media Fluids, you can be quite bold with the paint and it doesn't matter if you paint up to or onto the black ink lines. Once all the painting is done, carefully place the tag back on the stamp platform using the magnets as position guides, re ink the stamp and stamp over the top of the painted image, as the platform is so accurate the lines match up and there is no double image, it really tidies up the painted image and makes using acrylic paints much easier to work with stamped images.


My second tag has been turned into a tag card and I have gone for a more clean and simple look using a faux chalk board finish and this time the Gypsy Rose image has been stamped using a versamark ink pad, some Stamp n Bond from Stampendous (basically a glue that works like an embossing powder) this stuff is great, no more mess with wet glues like the flitter/flutter stuff that is just to sticky and messy. once the stamp n bond has been heated up and turned clear the silver leaf flakes were added for a little bling ;)


Hopefully my Mum ad Sister will like them.

You can find the Gypsy Rose Stamp as well as my other stamps in the Shop section at the top of the page or on the Chocolate Baroque web page under Mark Gould.

Stay Tuned for the new Mark Gould/Speshink DT that will be hitting this blog very soon.


Simon Says Stamps Monday challenge this week is Whatever The Weather and they are asking us to use any Tim Holtz Product, I have used the Tim Holtz Stamp Platform for my Painted Gypsy Rose.



No comments:

Post a Comment