Friday 20 October 2017

My Very Own Stamps - Chocolate Baroque


Welcome x.
It's a very happy day today for me as I am extremely happy to announce I have my very first set of stamps released today with the fantastic Chocolate Baroque
I can not thank Chocolate Baroque enough for the opportunity to design some stamps with them and I am over the moon with how they have turned out. The stamp quality is amazing and I love the size (A6).

I have had the idea of what I have wanted in a stamp design for some time and I have been heavily influenced by the tattoo, comic book and Steampunk style of art that I love.
It took me a while but I managed to find a local tattoo artist (Lance Steele) that I could work with to make my ideas a reality. He managed to take my ideas and reference material and come up just what I wanted and I hope you all like ;)
The vintage look to the Neo Traditional style of tattoo is what inspired this release of stamps. I like to work with one focal point image when getting crafty with the back grounds being more layered and aged effects so the focal point doesn't get to cluttered and faces work really well for this.
Links for each stamp can be found below xx.



She has been stamped onto a large Acylic tag and painted with Decoart Media Fluids. The background was made using papers from the Authentique Hero's range. The gaps were painted using blue and silver to make it look a little like the sky.



He has been stamped onto some 240gsm card stock and coloured with Copic markers in a sepia tone. He was fussy cut out and glued to a tag that had been covered with design paper from 7Gypsies
The Tim Holtz word tag was added and some Decoart Media antiquing cream was added to bring out the words. This was tied to the tag with some rusty wire which I picked up from my crafty friend Hannah Oxberry who has a lovely online store.
The m Aviator at the top of the page was also done this way.



She was stamped onto an Mdf tag from That Craft Place and I then carfully painted each section careful not to go over the lines.
The back ground was painted using a sun burst stencil and Decoart media fluids, the script was also stenciled over the top. 
Some aging was done using colour washes and the circles were stamped with paint using an old bottle cap.
She was finished off with a coat of Satin varnish.



I used an off cut of wood and used the Decoar Acrylic Media Misters to create the cosmic looking background.
The Gent was then stamped over the top and carefully painted over the top.
Once dry a shabby checker stencil was used to create a little more background interest.
The edges were distressed with black archival ink and the whole piece was given a Satin Varnish.


This tag was covered with some paper from 7Gypsies and as above the image was carefully stamped and painted on top. The wreath was coloured with copics to give a more translucent look and the Tim Holtz stars were added.

Thank you so much for stopping by, it's a;ways very much appreciated.xx
I hope you like the stamps and I am looking forward to seeing what will be created with them xx.




No comments:

Post a Comment