Sunday 1 May 2016

World War Robot Square ;-)



So how's everyone doing?
Things are still busy here but I managed to finish a little project just for me.
This is my World War Robot Square. 
WWR is a story created by artist Ashley Wood, Not your typical comic book artist, Go take  look ;-)
he created WWR and since its start he has bought out 1/6 and 1/12 scale models of his characters and robots. I have been collecting them over the last few years and recently bought Andy skinner one of the DIY robot Squares which Andy painted up at the CHA show earlier this year. You can find his Here.
I finally managed to pick one up for myself so I will apologize now for the picture heavy post but there are lots of sides and angles to capture ;-)

He started off looking a bit like this.





I have used lots of Decoart Media Fluids  to paint my Square starting with some dark blues and lots and lots of dry brushing lightening with each layer.
A little black Media Mister and then the edges were distressed.
Some Stenciling was added using Andy Skinners Industrial Elements and once finished He was given a coat of Satin Varnish.










Thanks for stopping by.
See you soon xx.

I would like to enter this into the Simon Say Stamp Monday challenge, their theme is 'Show Us Your Metal'   I have rusted my Robot x


17 comments:

  1. Never thought I would say this but I am in love with a Robot square! He looks brilliant you have down a superb job! Denyse x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, I am partial to robots, and yours is so darn cute! It has such a funny little face on that big box body. Love all the rusty goodness and stenciling and colors you've used, blues and rusts are a favorite! Happy you joined us this week at Simon Says Monday Challenge for Show us Your Metal! Hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great make, Mark! Fab paint effects! Are the bots still available for sale? If so, can you give me the direct link? -Lady B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady b. You can find them in eBay. Search wwr or Threea Ashley wood
      They are always limited releases aimed at collectors x

      Delete
  4. Love him! Super cute and industrial at the same time. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is such a cutie ! Love all your paint layers ! Fantastic !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ack!! That little tooth is adorable! Love your paint job, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really are amazing Mark! How cool is that? Hope to see you in July mate! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's brilliant......I'm so in love with him xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. he is gorgeous , an absolutely fab make mark xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely fantastic transformation Mark, Love how you decorated him! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad I jumped over to the blog post from the facebook page because I could see all of the angles of this really amazing piece. I'm going to check out the comic book artist too. Thank you for posting and sharing your talent- it turned out so well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is stunning!! I love the altered robot. Fantastic metallic finishes and all the details are perfect, particularly all the numbers. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gracious Mark - I adore your WWR. I would just like to pinch those little cheeks - that face is just the cutest ever. What fabulous colors.... and textures.... and designs. SUCH a TREAT to see. WONDERFUL WONDERFUL. j.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing piece, amazing techniques, excellent photos, too. Congrats on the Simon spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you for stopping by my Blog. I love your work to. Saw it also on facebook for a while....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Way cool project, neato-mosquito! Biggest congrats on your SSS spotlight!

    ReplyDelete