Thursday 4 June 2015

De Stempelwinkel - Imagine Wooden Canvas

 
 



 

 
Morning, With the weather starting to warm up and some sunny days I was feeling the summer colours a little and came up with this Hippy canvas using the Decoart Fluid Acrylics, Andy Skinner stencils and stamps from De Stempelwinkel.
This started out as a wooden box frame, 6"x6".
I started by painting the base white with a couple of coats of the Tinting base.
when dry I added a couple of drops of colour to the back of my pallet knife and swiped randomly across the base. when working like this I tend to start with my lighter colours first and then build up.
I used Hansa Yellow, Quinacridone Magenta, Pthalo Turquoise and Green Gold.I let each colour dry fully between coats.
Using Andy Skinners Hippy girl stencil I first stencilled in black Gesso, then moving the stencil over slightly I re stencilled with white Gesso. The decoart Gesso is brilliant for stencilling and can be tinted with the fluid acrylics if you wanted to stencil with colour.
I used the Designs By Ryn Hibiscus stamps, available from De Stempelwinkel for my stamping as they fit with the Hippy theme and the 'Imagine' sentiment was added gain using an Andy Skinner stencil. It just threw up images of John Lennon for me.
 
Thank you all for stopping by xx.
 
 



3 comments:

  1. Love the combination of Andy's stencils and Ryn stamps Mark, very different and a definite summer vibe :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant, love that hippy chick! xx

    ReplyDelete