Monday 7 January 2013

Haunted Design House, We're back

 Finally, its that time for us in the dungeon to get back to work and that means the challenges over at Haunted Design House have started up again.Miss us??

To ease you all back into tapping the darker side of your crafty world, enough of all that father xmas stuff  urgh ;) we are having a Freakers Free For All, that's right, you get to let your imagination go wild and as long as it's not cute we would love to see what your twisted little minds will come up with.And for something new this year our challenges are now fortnightly so you get twice as long to enter.Head over to HdH to see what the first half of our team have been up to and check back next Monday to see what the other half have created.

 I have been back in my journal and I have to say sorry for the pics, the page does not look this bad in real life,I just could not get a decent pic no matter what.
 The main Image is actually some classic painting I tore out of an old art book (minus the horns) and stuck into my journal thing. I then went to town with the translucent paints, adding washes of yellow, orange, gold and red.I used a Tim Holtz inspiration stamp but left of the happy ending part ;) 'sometimes on the way to our dreams we get lost.....'
I also used my little alphabet stamp set to stamp one of my favourite quotes, I am not sure where it comes from originally but it is used in the Unusual Suspects. 'The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist'
The 666 was die cut and stuck down before the paint went on. Everything got sealed with a watered down mix of glue n seal (I think that's why it was a b***h to photo) There is a tiny bit of distress crackle along some of the edges and some white distress stain swiped over the top to add to the distressed look. I dry brushed around the edges with some pale green acrylic paint for a little contrast.
Again sorry for the bad pics but I do hope you will come and join us this fortnight in out free for all challenge.

Thanks for stopping by. x

Over at Smudgy Antics they are having a Scrap it up challenge, the sticky doily bits are scraps that have been laying around and the numbers have been cut from my scrap card pile.

19 comments:

  1. Amazing layers and textures, Mark! Love how the white Distress Stain looks like smoke. Fabulously creepy. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw this over at HhD and thought it was a devil stamp, really like the haziness of it and the devil quote is very clever. Like how you did the 666 too. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work dude! Wish I had the knack (and the patience) for this kind of thing!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somewhat creepy, but very effective. Love francesca ps Are u doing Andy's online course book of ruination?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful washes of colour... and I love the quote just left hanging - very haunting, as is the image hovering there!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooohhh definitely dark- love it- the colors are fab as is the treatment of the girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice, some great layers going on there.

    Can I ask what translucent paints you used?
    Kyla

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love allthe layers and the way the image just floats! Great make , trace x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant arty page Mark. Love all that visual texture from your blend of paints and the translucent covering over the main image. Very dark and creepy. :) Px

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great page as I said before. Yes I'm doing AS online class, as I missed out doing @ the CB. I think its better this wy, more time. Love francesca

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks great! Love the addition of the horns, subtraction of part of the sentiment, and very cool numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's going to be some journal!! Very very very cool x

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful work. loads of work here...love the piece. Thanks for playing with us at smudgy antics.
    susan s.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant page Mark! Love that background!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE this Mark, really like the worn look of it all, thank you for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing journal piece! Wonderfully dark and wickedly cool! I love all the visual texture and all the fab layers of paints and washes. Thanks for playing with Smudgy Antics :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome work Mark! Thank you for playing at Smudgy Antics!
    Peace,
    Kristy
    (SA DT)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous Mark. The depth you've created with those washes is amazing! Love it Thank you for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics.

    ReplyDelete