Friday 27 April 2012

bottle progressI

Hi happy friday.I have added a base for the bottles to stand on, Im going to try and make a flame thrower looking thing,I cut some wood to shape and covered the top surface with the diamond plate embossing folder design and used the tim holtz on the edge fleur de lis die to give an ornate surround. i have then painted it with the same copper effect as the x box face. I am quite liking that technique at the moment.
Since yesterday I've added a dark wash over the bottles just to give them a duller look, they were looking too new even with the chips and pits. These finishes were all part of Andy Skinners Time worn Techniques on line course. This weekend I have to make a card for my mums Birthday on Monday. have fun.

8 comments:

  1. They are amazing Mark - you got the pitted metal technique down to a T!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing.............Love that base mark. It's looking mighty fine so far.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. So clever Mark and they look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking bottles. I can imagine what you would come up with, after doing Andy's Altered bottle workshop. I'm really glad that you started a blog and share your creativity with us.
    Elly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning mark, there is no stopping you now brilliant work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow the only word to describe this project is IMMENSE. I love that technique you have used, esp on the xbox. ;p

    ReplyDelete